Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Nutricious


I'm all about the snow these days. I'm still hoping for so much snow that it's a clean white sheet on the ground, but I was perfectly happy with a half a foot of snow. We went back to the same forest.





 You may be asking why I'm wearing rain boots in the snow. You see, I had a dilemma that morning. Should I keep my feet warm or dry? I'm still not sure which would've been the best decision. My little toesies were pretty cold in those rain boots, but they were dry!

Even the river has ice floating on it! It stayed below 10 degrees for a while that day through Sunday.

Can you see that tree in the water stuck behind the bridge? That's been there since the flood. I keep thinking I'll look and it will have floated off, but apparently, it likes the brick. If I were that tree, I think I'd venture off to see what the river sees farther downstream.

Well, I have good news for all you who follow this blog. I now have a job!! I'm excited to start working. Hopefully I will bring joy to the people I care for and the people I work with.
So what is the job? I was telling people that I'm going to be working in a nursing home. Apparently that gives off bad vibes. So I started saying long-term care facility. It's all about the connotations.
But really, I'm so happy that I'll be working in a nursing home. Working with geriatrics is in my top three choices of a career in nursing. Did you know that the word nurse comes from the Latin word nutricious meaning nourishing? That is what I hope to be: nourishing. A comfort. A joy. With help from Christ, I know I can accomplish this.

P.S. My sister, Emily, sent this recipe to me and we loved it! She's currently doing the Daniel fast which means eating only fruits, veggies, and whole grains. I'm a fan of spaghetti squash, but I usually just make spaghetti with it. This recipe gave it the flavors of the Southwest that we love most! Doesn't it just look so good and healthy?? http://bevcooks.com/2011/10/southwestern-stuffed-spaghetti-squash/

Much love, Em. I hope Phil survives the fast!

No comments: