Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Nutty

Goodness me.
It has been a while, hasn't it?
Update on my new job: I'm loving it. The residents at the home are wonderful! I love caring for them. And the nurses have all been kind and very helpful through my orientation.
I've been working evenings, so any chance I get to spend with Matt, I soak it all in. I had the night off yesterday, so we cooked dinner together. Let me tell you--it was good. I saw a recipe for nutty chicken stir fry in my Taste of Home magazine (thanks for the subscription, Mamaw!!) and I've been wanting to make it for a while. I'm glad we did because it is going in the recipe box and coming out whenever we feel like Thai food. Here's the link on their website: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Nutty-Chicken-Stir-Fry. My favorite thing about it is that it's made with ingredients that we normally have on hand--either in the pantry or in the freezer. I still have never bought curry of my own accord because I'm not sure I would cook with it often enough. We also attempted to make egg drop soup. I say attempted because the end product was unlike any egg drop soup we'd ever had before. Here's why: Little Brittany measured the chicken broth wrong and only added half of what was needed. Then Matt decided that the eggs are the best part of the soup (true) and added an extra one. Can you see where this is going? As it's cooking, we're thinking something's not right. We finally realized we needed to add more broth, but it was too late. Basically it looked like half creamy/half thin soup, but it still tasted fine. What it really needed was some chopped chives. Mmm. Our creation looks nothing like the picture in the magazine, but I liked it quite a lot.

See what I mean? It was a good first attempt, though. Did it inspire you to make Thai food??

Hope you all are doing well!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was delicious! Plus it had Jasmine rice...definitely a favorite of mine. Brittany you are such a good cook! I'm so glad you are my wife!

Brittany Brasher said...

Oh my goodness. I love you. I'll make jasmine rice for you any day of the week!