Sunday, November 27, 2011

Our Thanksgiving

We were going to do the whole shebang this year with the Thanksgiving meal, but in the end decided we didn't want left overs for two weeks. So we made turkey legs, sweet potato casserole, and stuffing. I think they were all great for our first attempt. Of course, the sweet potato casserole was the best (as always) and I was pleased to have a bit of that for left overs. We wished we were with our families, but we had tons to be thankful for and we had a wonderful day together.


We also had a salad just to be healthy, but who's really counting on Thanksgiving? Our stuffing wasn't as good as Mamaw's, but we're learning!

Yesterday, we made chicken fettuccine alfredo and it was SO good! Probably because we used fresh Parmesan cheese. We had frozen chicken which Matt had lost faith in after it turned out tough and dry in our previous dishes. I looked up how to cook tender chicken breasts. This is what I found and I HAVE to share it with you. It worked!! http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/tips-techniques/kitchen-magic-how-to-cook-moist-and-tender-chicken-breasts-036891. It was the perfect chicken. Amen.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!

These are our two sole Christmas decorations: our little one foot Christmas tree that Mom gave me when I started college and a Christmas candy bowl that was a wedding gift from the Bender family. I filled the dish with chocolate almond kisses, forgetting that Matt doesn't like almonds. Whoopsies! Guess I'll have to eat them myself and then fill the dish with Junior Mints.
We're so excited to get back to the South for Christmas!!

Happy Worship Day!!

No comments: