Monday, November 28, 2011

Choose to Abide

Throughout the day, it is so easy to forget my Creator and Savior. Why? He is in everything. He supports each breath I take. Shouldn't it be impossible to forget Him?
But my little everyday things get in the way. I focus on myself more than anything else. It's human nature, sure, but that doesn't excuse it.
Today I resorted back to the necessity of tattooing my hand. I used to do this all the time in college (only with temporary pen ink, of course) and it helped me to stay focused on Christ. Today it has had the same results. When selfishness was creeping out, I saw my hand and remembered that I have a choice. I can choose to pretend I am the center of the world, or I can choose to let Christ use me in the world to show others his love.

"But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD." 
Joshua 24:15 

"Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."
John 15:4-5



I will choose to abide in Christ.

2 comments:

Stephanie S. Smith said...

I used to do that too :) Sometimes physical, simple reminders are just what we need, I think.

I love your blog Brittany! Bookmarked :)

Brittany Brasher said...

Thanks, Steph! :)